Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tater Tot Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 -2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
  • 1 bag tater tots
  • shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
  • brown ground beef; drain.
  • add soups to ground beef and put in baking dish
  • top meat mixture with cheese
  • layer tater tots on top of cheese
  • bake at 375 until bubbly and tots are cooked thru

Tips:
  • Great for kids!!
  • This is wonderful served with ketchup
  • The meat mixture should not have a dry texture - -depending on the amount of meat you may need to add more than one can of soup
  • you can also add sour cream to the meat mixture to make it creamier

I can remember my best friend Shannon serving this when I spent a week with her and Eric in Alabama when Noah was a baby. I can still remember we had to only put cheese on one side because Eric didn't like cheese. I would also make it when I was the cook at the FBC Clermont WEE Center. They loved it!!! This is also the casserole made famous by the Duggar family.

No comments:

Post a Comment